[ic] Search within search on multiple tables

Jason Currell currell@nettwerk.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:52:07 -0800

I'm wondering if anybody knows how to do multilevel searches.
For example lets say I have a products table and a price table.
How would I do a search on the description in the products table
and use the results of that search to then search the product
table (all in the same page).

Is there a way to embed <search-region> tags. eg:

[search-region prefix=prod search="
        fi=products
        st=db
        ra=yes
"]

   [search-list]

      [search-region prefix=price search="
         fi=prices
         st=db
         sf=product_sku
         se=[prod-data products sku]
      "]

         [search-list]

            [price-code]<P>

        [/search-list]

     [/search-region]

   [/search-list]

[/search-region]

If not is there a way to put the results of one search
into a scratch-array of some sort for use later? eg).

[search-region prefix=prod search="
        fi=products
        st=db
        ra=yes
"]
[search-list]
[set the_products(index)][prod-code][/set]
[/search-list]
[/search-region]

Jason Currell        | System Administrator for Nettwerk Productions
currell@nettwerk.com | 1650 West 2nd Ave.
(604) 654-2929       | Vancouver, BC V6J 4R3