[ic] Row-level export

Dan db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:10:07 -0800

How do I do a row-level export of a given database record?

I like the functionality of the Admin->Tables->Export Data.  I would like:
    At the bottom of the table edit page, next to "Edit Checked records in
sequence" would be a "export checked records".  Personally, I'm interested
in a comma-, or tab-delimited text file output (exactly like the
Tables->Export Data function).

My ideas at implementing this:
    - Manually: Do some sql query, format it, and output it.
    - Rip it off:  steal the functionality from the Export Data function.
    - Externally:  Does anyone know of a program that could easily be called
from IC that would take arguments about accessing the database, and what
rows to export and where to place the output?

What do you think would be the best method?  (I'm leaning towards 'rip it
off').

Details:  IC 4.6.1-release, PostgreSQL 7.0.3, RH6.2

Thanks for the input and peer-review,

Dan Browning - danb@cyclonecomputers.com