[ic] Re: [mv] Globalsub not present

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 09:48:53 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Kevin Lyons wrote:

> When I uncomment
> Require globalsub nevairbe
>
> I get an error message upon restart of the interchange server: "
> Required GlobalSub nevairbe not present...
>
> Does anyone know where I can get this Perl Mod... or am I doing
> something else wrong?

What you've uncommented there was an example of how to cause an error
message when a globalsub or usertag doesn't exist. See the comment right
before those lines in construct/catalog.cfg:

# Here you can set up fatal errors if a necessary sub or usertag
# doesn't exist, uncomment one of next lines to test

There isn't a globalsub called 'nevairbe', which is the whole point.

> catalog.cfg I added the line Require LWP::UserAgent
>
> I get an error not found? does anyone know where to get this modual or am
> I doing something wrong?  According to the admin of my ISP this modual is
> installed?

The Require directive isn't for Perl modules in Interchange 4.6. However,
you will be able to use it in the forthcoming 4.7 version:

Require module LWP::UserAgent

or

Suggest module LWP::UserAgent

if you just want to emit a warning if the module is missing, but continue
on.

But for now, with Interchange 4.6, see usertags/get-url for an example of
how to verify that a standard Perl module exists and then use it in a user
tag.

BTW, you may want to post your questions to the interchange-users list
(see http://lists.akopia.com/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users ) instead,
because this list is mostly used for Minivend 3 questions now.

Jon