[ic] Help with custom shipping.

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:21:33 -0500

Quoting Mike Topcu (mikeca@topcu.com):
> Hi all,
>
> I need help with setting up independent shipping for USPS and totaly ignor the default UPSG shipping method on Interchange.
>
> What I have done so far:
> 1.) In the users catalog.cfg I have edited "mv_shipmode   usps"
> 2.) I have added in catalog.cfg "DefaultShipping   usps"
> 3.) I have added in catalog.cfg "SpecialPage   shipping.asc   /home/user/....../shipping.defs"
>
> Below is the contents of shipping.defs.
> usps US Post weight 0 0 e Nothing to ship! {'ups' => "0",'ui_ship_type' => "quantity",}
> usps US Post [subtotal noformat=1] 1 9999999 4.95 {}
>
> I will expand the above database once I get it working properly.
>
> When I go to the checkout from shopping cart I get the following message.
> Note: No match found for mode 'upsg', quantity '', returning 0. No match found for mode 'upsb', quantity '', returning 0. No match found for mode 'upsr', quantity '', returning 0
>
> So my question is:
> How can I set it up so that it won't give me the above error message? Apparently it still is searching for ups specific various fields.

You need to set the mv_shipmode properly -- that is usually done in the
country database. The shipping manager does it as well.

Also I am guessing "weight" is not the proper criteria -- it looks like
you need to set it to [subtotal noformat=1] in both.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.  -- Mark Twain