[ic] makecat errors

jojo@buchonline.net jojo@buchonline.net
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:29:19 +0100 (CET)

On  7 Nov, geek_la@yahoo.com wrote:

> I've installed Interchange on a Debian system using
> the .deb's. It installed just fine, and is running.
> However, when I try and make a demo catalog through
> makecat, I get the following error message:
>
> Couldn't open .1269: No such file or directory
>
> This happens right after:
>

> run "ln -s /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test/images
> /home/user/catalogs/test"? y
> Add catalog to ? y
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Thanks,
> Eric S.

Look into <your-interchange-path>/construct/config/post_copycommands.
You can see

ln -s __MVC_IMAGEDIR__ __MVC_CATROOT__
To enable image upload feature, you need to make a symbolic
link of the image base directory into your catalog directory.

man ln tell me

     The options are as follows:

     -f    Unlink any already existing file, permitting the link to occur.

     -s    Create a symbolic link.

     -v    Cause ln to be verbose, showing files as they are processed.

Maybe a

ln -s -f __MVC_IMAGEDIR__ __MVC_CATROOT__

can solve your trouble.

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger