[ic] Database support

Leonel Silva leonel@sdm.pt
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:03:44 +0000

--B_3057915825_4995137

Hello,

I was wondering if Interchange supports or will support other SQL databases
like FrontBase and OpenBase.

They are both very mature and powerful databases which support several
operating systems (Mac OS X, Unix, Solaris, Windows NT, OpenStep and Linux),
they both have free lite versions and GUI for database management,
furthermore, OpenBase also features a very useful RAD environment for
building client applications and FrontBase is fully compliant with the
UNICODE, SQL 92 and TCP/IP. And as a bonus they both have adaptors for
Apple's WebObjects, PHP3, PHP4, Perl, ODBC, JDBC, EOF.

These databases are a lot cheaper than Oracle and far more friendly to use
than MySql and I think it would be a good improvement for InterChange if it
could use them.

<http://www.frontbase.com>
<http://www.openbase.com>

Does anyone have comments about this?

Regards,

Leonel Joao Silva
Information Systems Manager

SDM - SOCIEDADE DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DA MADEIRA, S.A.
The Concessionaire of Madeira's International Business Centre

SDM Building
Rua da Mouraria 9, 1st floor
9000-047 Funchal
MADEIRA * PORTUGAL