[ic] translating Interchange ao portugues - [Re: Vol 1 #147]

Birgitt Funk mymother@my-mothers-shop.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:47:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Karl wrote:

> Sincere apologies, Rene, for the recent portuguese and non-english posts.
> I will always make sure to deliver the english translation of any post,
> from now on.
>
> We got a response from an interchange comrade in Brasil who does not read
> so much English and was thrilled to understand that whole previous
> portuguese post. :)

Hi Karl,

I like your approach. Would be nice if we had on the new international
list nevertheless as many bilingual (english-other language) posts
as possible. I always like to know what people from far away are
doing with IC. Would help all of us to better understand each others
needs, don't you think ? I would even suggest to integrate all
non-english lists in one international lists with a mission statement
to ask to post bilingual as much as posters are capable of.

Then the people who don't read English that well are better off to
get an answer from people who don't read the foreign language as well.
And people who read the foreign language well, but don't know the
technical answer also could help just translating whenever it is needed
or seems to be appropriate.

Birgitt