[ic] Creating a Unique Primary Key

Houman Akhavan houman@edigitalweb.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:55:54 -0800

I am running IC 4.6, MySQL Backend.

I have created a table and a IC form that collects user input and stores it
in a MySQL table. Everytime someone fills out a form I need to create a
primary key to properly input the form data into the table. I tried the
MySQL AUTO_INCREMENT function in the mysql data structure, and also
specified it in the table.mysql file. But this was not working properly, So
I figured it would be best to create a unique key in the form, right before
inserting the row. Is there a way for me to check the previous record
primary key value and add 1 to it? I remember reading it somewhere but I
can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Houman A.