[ic] Installation issues

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:36:34 -0400

Quoting Jerry (jerry@data-logic.com):
> Don't know if this will help or not. But initially I installed
> this over a MV 4.04 installation and had no problems on my test
> server with FreeBSD 4.0. Just for fun I tried to install the same
> set of files to a clean directory and get halted at that error.
>
> There are, in the current working directory, interchange.cfg.dist,
> minivend.cfg.dist and minivend.cfg but NO minivend.cfg.dist.bak. I
> don't remember deleting such a file, but anything is possible I guess.

Aha.

I bet it is caused by "hints.pl". Please delete that file and try installing
again; it does some things for BSD that is not done for any other OS.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino