[ic] Pricing based on adjustment

Jeff Case jeff_case@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:55:03 PDT

I only know how to do things one way... after I've figured it out, I stop
hacking.  So, this is how I did it.

You want to sell a tshirt (sku = tshirt) at $29.95 for Small, $30.95 in
Medium and $32.95 in Large.

1)  Set CommonAdjust to attribute (ie. size) in catalog.cfg like so:

CommonAdjust   products:price, ==size:pricing

2)  Add the t-shirt to your products table.

    sku          price        size
    tshirt       29.95        S=S,M=M,L=L

3)  Set up you pricing table.

Aside from the sku (PRIMARY KEY), you will need a field for EVERY possible
attribute that can affect price.  In this case, you will need a field named
"S", one named "M" and one named "L".

    sku      S       M        L
    tshirt           +1.00    +3.00

4) Once you export your tables, the price differences will be reflected in
the basket.

Note: I use

S=S - $29.95,M=M - $30.95,L=L - $32.95

in my size field of the products table to let the visitor know how much they
are expected to pay.

Hope it helps,

- Jeff