[ic] Pricing based on adjustment

Reid Ivens reid@n-visionit.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:22:03 -0400

Thanks Jeff,

The pricing table, does that already exist, or do I need to create that
myself?  (I notice there's one already, but is that the one you're talking
about?)

To add some complexity, the attributes used aren't as standard as Small,
Medium, and Large.  I'm using those attributes to differentiate different
items in a picture of multiple items and they can be different for different
"items".  (i.e. Both of these items use the size field, but they aren't
alike at all:
http://www.fareastbargains.com/feb.cgi/dp-rabmet.html
http://www.fareastbargains.com/feb.cgi/dp-tafeta.html

The only way around that that I can see is to create a table with fields
A,B,C,... and associate sizes and differing items to those letters instead
of using S, M, L, or their SKU. (Like this one:
http://www.fareastbargains.com/feb.cgi/dp-pump.html)
Does that make sense?  Are there any other options?

Thanks,
Reid

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Case
Sent: October 12, 2000 6:55 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Pricing based on adjustment

I only know how to do things one way... after I've figured it out, I stop
hacking.  So, this is how I did it.

You want to sell a tshirt (sku = tshirt) at $29.95 for Small, $30.95 in
Medium and $32.95 in Large.

1)  Set CommonAdjust to attribute (ie. size) in catalog.cfg like so:

CommonAdjust   products:price, ==size:pricing

2)  Add the t-shirt to your products table.

    sku          price        size
    tshirt       29.95        S=S,M=M,L=L

3)  Set up you pricing table.

Aside from the sku (PRIMARY KEY), you will need a field for EVERY possible
attribute that can affect price.  In this case, you will need a field named
"S", one named "M" and one named "L".

    sku      S       M        L
    tshirt           +1.00    +3.00

4) Once you export your tables, the price differences will be reflected in
the basket.

Note: I use

S=S - $29.95,M=M - $30.95,L=L - $32.95

in my size field of the products table to let the visitor know how much they
are expected to pay.

Hope it helps,

- Jeff