[ic] I have this idea for documentation on variables

Strider Centaur strider@scifi-fantasy.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:26:27 -0400

    It would be nice if all the ways to access variables were covered in
a single doc.   There is a real need for examples of this.   I would
love to do it but Im not up to speed on the many various ways to do it.

    Examples of this would include how to access fields in a database
and write those fields back out.  While some of this is in the
documentation I find many un documented tags littered about in the
examples.   Sometimes the documentation even refers to tags that are not
in the documentation, that's a real brain teaser there.  :-)

    It only took me about an hour to figure out how to use a variable in
a if context that was built by using several tags return values to
assemble something like products::description::BS08 on the fly.

    I know its all in there, just read the source, but in my opinion if
your going to have to go over the source with a fine tooth comb you
might as well be using something like PHPShop, its faster, but not
nearly as complete, though it is much easier to follow the source code
in.

--
Strider Centaur
HTTP://www.Scifi-Fantasy.com

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me