[ic] Error when trying to add new item

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:37:48 -0400

Quoting Ray Collett (ray@norwesters.net):
> Greetings,
> 	I just installed Interchange 4.5.7, and after stumbling through several
> install related errors that I was able to resolve, it appears to be
> working.  I installed the "Construct Something" demo, and I've been able to
> do anything with the demo that I can think of, except one thing.  I can't
> add new items.
> 	I keep getting an "Internal Server Error" that says: "The server
> encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
> complete your request."  After checking my error log, I found this line:
>
> 192.168.0.11 rwDkwQzo:192.168.0.11 - [17/October/2000:20:29:04 -0700]
> construct /cgi-bin-443/construct/admin/item_edit Runtime error: Can't
> create /.autonumber: Permission denied at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm line 2039
>
> 	I have searched high and low and I can't figure out what "/.autonumber"
> is, where it's trying to be created, and what line 2039 in "Interpolate.pm"
> has anything to do with it.  The line number is the sixth line in the "sub
> tag_counter" routine.
> 	What can I do to fix this?  I have group permissions turned on, so the
> INTERCH user and the CONSTRUCT user can share files.  I'm guessing that
> it's trying to create this file on the root of the file system, but I don't
> know for sure, and I'm totally lost.

Hmm. Apparently you have not got the right catalog_before.cfg file in the
Interchange root. We should tolerate that -- thanks for finding the
problem.

Add these lines to INTERCHANGE_ROOT/catalog_before.cfg:

Variable UI_PRODUCT_DIR    products
Variable UI_PRODUCT_TABLE  products

The only way I can thing that this happened is mixing a CVS update
with something else.....

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock