[ic] [error] tag wierdness in contruct demo + shipping/billing roles being swapped

Guido Sohne guidosohne@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

In the contruct demo, when you don't enter a day phone
number, there is an error message at the top saying
errors are in RED.

However, when you scroll down you don't see any red
label next to the day phone input box. Also, changing
the billing fields to become [error required=1] and
not entering any data in the billing fields does not
trigger an error!

Q1: How do I make the error tag work properly here ?

What kind of dependencies do the shipping and billing
fields have on each other, particularly in terms of
being automatically set up from one another ? In my
case, they are different so we don't want anything
automatically set up anywhere ...

The problem is that I am trying to make the billing
address into the identity of the person shopping and
making the shipping address into the identity of the
person receiving the goods (they are guaranteed not to
be the same).

I also intend to use the address book to denote
alternate shipping addresses in case the primary
recipient is unavailable at the time of delivery. I
will have to make the location (street, city, zip etc)
fields identical in content to those that were entered
either in checkout.html or in account.html.

The intended flow of control is from shopping cart to
checkout to additional ship addresses to checkout to
order receipt.

Q2) How do I set up the additional ship addresses
using the data gathered from checkout ?