[ic] high traffic settings

Sim Zacks Szacks@co.wayne.mi.us
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:10:51 -0400

I figured out the second problem of why the file does not exist, it simply does not recognize files of 0 length, for some reason, when I put in a blank line in the file (or I could have commented it out) then it did not give any errors upon starting the server, but it's still not parsing the tags that are in the  those files.

Sim

>>> Szacks@co.wayne.mi.us 10/26/00 07:37AM >>>
I just did a fresh install of a simple catalog and changed the traffic settings from low to high (in the minivend.cfg file) and the interface stopped working. It appears like none of the variables are converted into values when the page is displayed, for example the URL of the logo is __LOGO__ and the colors are also variables like __LINECOLOR__ AND __TOPCOLOR__.
Do I have to change settings anywhere else to make it work with high traffic settings?
When I restarted the server after installing the demo it says
"Configuring catalog simple...Variable: read from non-existent file /home/machon/catalogs/simple/config/yellow1/menubar, skipping.
In line 0 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
Variable           MENUBAR       <menubar"
But the file does exist . Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sim