[ic] Is it possible to setup Interchange on Windows just for testing/development?

Desjardins, Ray Desjardins.Ray@Con-Way.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:29:05 -0700

Steve,  What HTML editor do you use on your RH7 machine?  Or do you just
code with a text editor?

Curiuos,

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve & Patti Getzinger [mailto:steveandpatti@wubs.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 7:44 AM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Is it possible to setup Interchange on Windows just
for testing/development?

Petras wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe somebody succeeded to setup Interchange on Windows?
>
> I need this just for development. No need for sendmail, secure server and
> other useful things. Just parsing Interchange  tags to html.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Petras,
>
>  petras@biuras.lt

  I just use an old machine. My development machine is a Compaq laptop w/ RH
7. 400mhz w/ 128 mgs ram I also have a 266 w / 64 mgs that I used to use.
When running either development goes much easier for 2 main reasons. Speed
and I can do it without affecting the running site. I keep complete copies
of sites on my machine and can test everything including SSL (junk cert).
Once it runs the way I want (or close) upload all alterations and away we
go. I prefer using the OS that I have on the server, that way I know exactly
how it will behave.

Steve