[ic] Is it possible to setup Interchange on Windows just for testing/development?

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
26 Oct 2000 13:54:53 -0400

"Desjardins, Ray" <Desjardins.Ray@con-way.com> writes:

> Steve,  What HTML editor do you use on your RH7 machine?  Or do you just
> code with a text editor?

(I am not Steve, nor do I play him on TV)  I use xemacs for html
editing psgml-mode does a nice job of dynamically parsing the syntax
and giving context sensitive menus.  Another bonus of xemacs is that
it supports virtual filesystems via ftp.  So, I can edit files locally
or on some remote server in the same xemacs session.

The down side is that I don't think there is a good editor for ic
pages.  None of the individual pages can validate (which is what most
editors rely on).  I think this question has come up a few times with
no satisfactory results.  In fact, I don't know what can reasonably be
expected of an editor for handling ic pages.  The best bet would be
for an editor to "virtually" perform the inclusion of files or
templates.  Then when you edit a portion of the virtual file it would
save the corresponding piece.  Wouldn't that have hack value!
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker