[ic] Double Byte char problem through Interchange

Ayayu Infomation desk info@ayayu.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:42:06 +0900

I have same problem on double byte character in UI.

In case of Minivend4 and Minimate, I changed (commented out)  the
encoding
$text in Minimate user tag "display" and "row-edit". At that time,
Minimate can
 display , insert and update Japanese double byte code very well.

But UI of Interchange, I could not find good solution.
I tried to modify the encoding code in UI/usertag/display, but I still
be unhappy.
When enter Japanese double byte characters, Interchange UI encoded
always
all of high-bit characters. For Japanese(it may be same as Chinese), it
should not
encode any high-bit characters.
Japanese characters code are assigned area \200 - \377.

Do you have any suggestions?

Kida Netbusiness

> Quoting Andy Cheng (aylcheng@hotmail.com):
> > Hi,
> > I'm using Interchange 4.5.6, RedHat Linux 6.2, and MySQL 3.22.32 in
my
> > system.  I've proved my MySQL DB supports chinese characters (which
is
> > double byte encoding).
> >
> > My Interchange admin interface can actually manipulate chinese chars
when
> > I'm using a Chinese OS, but Chinese chars cannot be displayed when
I'm using