[ic] scratch variables in session (or: pointer to docs on sessions)

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
19 Sep 2000 10:01:55 -0400

What I really want to do is have a form that sets an arbitrary
variable and have this variable persist across that customer's
session.  The obvious way to do this is with a cookie.  However, I
read somewhere that interchange has some way saving session
information automatically.  What I mean by this is it tries to use a
cookie; but if the customer doesn't accept cookies it passes the
information through cgi parameters. I would like to take advantage of
this parameter passing abstraction. Can anyone give me some pointers?
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker