[ic] preventing encrypted card #s in userdb.text

Desjardins, Ray Desjardins.Ray@Con-Way.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:21:45 -0700

You may want to try removing the "keep" at the end of the line in the
etc/profiles.order file.  This should destroy the card number after
transfering to your credit card routine.

[if value fax_order]
&set = mv_payment Call Us
[elsif variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE]
&credit_card=standard keep  #Try removing this "keep"
&charge=[var MV_PAYMENT_MODE][cgi mv_payment_test]
&set=mv_payment Real-time ([var MV_PAYMENT_MODE]) Credit Card
[/elsif]

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stosberg [mailto:mark@summersault.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 1:10 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: [ic] preventing encrypted card #s in userdb.text

Hello,

  I'm using MV 4.04, and I recently turned on credit card number
encryption with GnuPG because the card numbers were being stored as
plain text. Now I get big multi-line blocks of encrypted text in the
userdb.txt exports, which is problematic. Since in this case the card
numbers are being sent to Authorize.Net, I don't need to save them at
all. How can turn off this feature?
 Thanks!

   -mark

personal website             }      Summersault Website Development
http://mark.stosberg.com/    {      http://www.summersault.com/