[ic] help with escaping the [ character

Arango, Karen Karen.Arango@DynCorp.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:24:10 -0400

I am trying to put in some javascript into one of the config page templates,
and am having the hardest time.  I want to reference the value of a
selection menu in javascript in order to do a quick jump to another html
page, which normally I would do with the following syntax:

parent.location.href =
window.document.quickLinks.quickList.options[selected].value;

but when I put that line in the menubar config file, the square brackets get
interpreted by Interchange, and I end up with the following line:

parent.location.href = window.document.quickLinks.quickList.options
SELECTED.value;

So, how do I escape the square brackets to tell Interchange not to interpret
them?

Thanks,

Karen