[ic] Construct Us Demo Colors (Need to convert to a variable)

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 20:27:52 -0500

What was used in the past was a list of vars and you used them in
specific spots in pages. This way you just changed the var definition in
the catalog.cfg file and all places in the site changed. If I remember
correctly the orange is hard coded in the templates so you will have to
un-hard code. Define your var:

LINECOLOR #FFEEDD

then add in to template. You could also do:

LINECOLOR bgcolor="#FFEEDD"

You would call this var with __LINECOLOR__

The old minivend had body tags (15 of them) where you could define
bgcolor, text, link, vlink, alink for 15 combinations. You simply
changed the tag from [body 1] to [body 2] in your pages but if you were
really smart you just edited the catalog.cfg file so your colors in the
2 spot were in the 1 spot. This avoids changing all the pages. I think
that tag is dead now but the concept remains. Same as described above.

Steve