[ic] How to round up the handling fee and sales tax

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:37:17 -0700

At 06:04 PM 4/2/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>We have setup the shiping and handing fee based on the sub-total of the
>order, and the minivend calculate the handlnig fee correctly.
>
>zzz     Handling    [subtotal noformat=1]   0       0       e f
>{'round' => "0.1",'ups' => "0",'ui_ship_type' => "_subtotal",}
>zzz     Handling    [subtotal noformat=1]   0       999999  f
>[subtotal noformat=1] * 35 / 1000     {}      {}
>
>but we have a round of problem, such as:
>
>         subtotal        $250.00
>         sales tax       $20.63
>         S&H               $5.32
>         total           $275.94     <==== (should be $275.95)
>
>I think the problem is because minivend didn't round off the S&H fee, and
>the sales tax. So my quesiont is: are there any way to round of the
>calculate in the shipping.asc to avoid this problem .

Check out the Admin interface.  You can specify Round? (YES) in the
admin-shipping-edit method page, which this to your shipping method:

{'round' => "1",}

Which I believe is what you are looking for.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com