[ic] Beima's Response!

John Beima jbeima@reality.palb.com
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 18:09:09 -0600 (MDT)

G'Day Jim,

That is what independent consultants are for... I know from experance, since we
have hired him personllay, that Akopia charges $300.00 per hour for Mike H. and
othe rconsultants start at around $175...

Peronsally I charge $75-$100 per hour for first time/one time projects, and it
drops to $50-$75 per hour for pre-paying of large blocks of time or large
projects...

I think Mike's rate of $300.00 per hour is MORE than reasonable, otherwise
evryone and his dog would be bothering him when others can do it...

This way Mike is available to us consultants when he is really needed and the
time is worth $300 per hour... Because I tell you, Mike solves things fast, and
he is always a great pleasure to talk to! Otherwise he gets to spend his time
adding many mnay new features for us in upcomming rleases!

What simply needs to be understood is in most cases MiniVend/Interchange work
also involves SQL programming, and that is worth money... We are not web
designers, we are Perl/SQL/Interchange programmers...

John Beima