[ic] Please Help - secure.domainname.com doesn't work.

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:33:00 -0700

At 10:08 AM 04/04/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>     I am currently using Interchange 4.6.  .  I am just getting the demo
>"construct" working with our existing web setup, with one exception -- Our
>websites use http://www.domainname.com for regular access, and
>https://secure.domainname.com for secure access.  My problem is with the
>secure access URL.  If I set the secure_server to
>https://secure.mydomain.com, when I click on a secure link within the
>construct demo, it verifies the certificate then MSIE 5.5 says: "You are
>about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure."  It proceeds to
>take me to
>http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycatalog/link_that_is_supposed_to_be_secure
>  .

I'm no expert at this, but it could have to do with your http servers
config for the location of secure scripts and secure http docs for the
domain.  You might want to take a look at these and ensure that they make
sense for your setup.  Sorry I can't be more specific; I run very simple
SSL configurations and therefore don't have much experience with the
variety of ways these things can be configured.

- Ed L.

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax