[ic] Please Help - secure.domainname.com doesn't work.

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:32:30 -0400

> > when I click on a secure link within the
> > construct demo, it verifies the certificate then MSIE 5.5 says: "You are
> > about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure."
>
> That's the same thing that's been happening to me.  I've almost given up
trying to fix it.  I've tried just about everything I've seen in the docs
and archives to no avail.  My last solution is to run the whole cart from
the secure server, because IC apparently doesn't like to see two different
domains.

> Is this going to be a performance problel - running everything under SSL?

I've not yet started to try to integrate IC into my secure server...
however.

Here's what I did to get my commerce.cgi set up to work under SSL.

My cert is made out to secure.idk-enterprises.com .And, of course, it has
it's own IP address and it's own server.
When a customer is ready to check out, the package is set to take them to
http://secure.idk-enterprises.com/storename to get the SSL connection for
checking out.
This, of course, requires a sub-directory under the secure server called
'storename'. And, this is merely a link to the real store subdirectories.

Once I get IC to where I am taking orders, I plan to simply create another
subdirectory under the secure server that is just a link to the real
package - http://secure.idk-enterprises.com/interchange. Possibly that won't
work. I haven't tried it. But the setup that I am presently using is working
very well. All order information that they send me is secured.

-= Jim =-