[ic] Can i have UI on and the site offline?

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:53:14 -0700

At 05:15 PM 4/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Dan B <db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net> writes:
>
> > I believe the most valuable setup to to run two catalogs: 1
> > production, and 1 development.  Using CVS, you can roll some
> > devleopment features back to production (bug fixes), or upgrade to
> > entirely new versions with additional features.
>
>This is a configuration I like.  How do you set that up?  Do you use
>makecat to create the category then checkin the specific files?  The
>problem is that you don't really want everything under CVS.  Assuming
>I have a good CVS server running, can you give a step-by-step of how
>you add a catalog into CVS?

I was thinking about doing an Interchange+CVS howto.  If enough people are
interested, I can whip one up by the end of this week.  Vote yes by sending
a note to danb@cyclonecomputers.com with something about interchange + cvs.

The most valuable information would probably be how RH E-biz does
development.  If any @redhat.com would to comment on the howto (when done)
or this mail thread that would be great.

Later,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com