[ic] SQL as products database

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:47:10 +0100

> I have -
> Database products products.txt dbi:Pg:dbname=test
> in the catalog.cfg

do you have the appropriate database type set in catalog.cfg (or ic admin
preferences)?

Variable    SOMESQL         1
Variable    MYSQL
Variable    PGSQL           1

and the file in <catroot>/dbconf/pgsql/ ?

did you remove the products.sql file and restart, which will drop and then
create your products table, and import your data from products.txt?

> How I can get information from the database now?
> I've tried to use [loop] and [query sql="select * from products"] - it
> does not work!

Did you try:
[sql type="list" sql="select * from products"]
[sql-code]
[/sql]

also, try logging into the admin ui > Administration > tables > products.
Are your products there?

Jonathan
Webmaint.