[ic] SQL as products database

Grigoriy G. Vovk Grigoriy.Vovk@linustech.com.cy
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:17:25 +0300 (EEST)

Apr 10, 10:47 +0100, Jonathan Clark has written:

> > I have -
> > Database products products.txt dbi:Pg:dbname=test
> > in the catalog.cfg
>
> do you have the appropriate database type set in catalog.cfg (or ic admin
> preferences)?
>
> Variable    SOMESQL         1
> Variable    MYSQL
> Variable    PGSQL           1
I don't. Added.

> and the file in <catroot>/dbconf/pgsql/ ?
I don't. But, I think, I don't need it - I whant to connect to database,
which is exists, and all data are exist.

> did you remove the products.sql file and restart, which will drop and then
> create your products table, and import your data from products.txt?
I have NoImport products inventory - I don't want to import data.

> > How I can get information from the database now?
> > I've tried to use [loop] and [query sql="select * from products"] - it
> > does not work!
>
> Did you try:
> [sql type="list" sql="select * from products"]
> [sql-code]
> [/sql]
I've tried (after all changes - doesn't work)

> also, try logging into the admin ui > Administration > tables > products.
> Are your products there?
I've created new small catalog, which doesn't have administration pages,
nothing - only one page index.html with table "products"

my best regards,
Grigoriy G. Vovk