[ic] Verisign & Payment processing

Master Abductor abductor@abductor.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:02:55 -0700

My experience with Verisign was not good. I called thinking of switching
from Ibill's Gateway service to Verisign, and called them 4 times and no one
every called me back, even when I was transferred to the salesman for my
region. My store alone generates tens of thousands of dollars in sales every
month, so they really blew it.

Conversely at Ibill, they will call me 5 times a day if I'm experiencing any
kind of problem.

Akopia support has told me that they are in the process of revamping their
payment gateway options (but wouldn't give details), so I may just wait and
learn how to use the store really well while that is underway.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Jean-Pierre
Parent
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 9:13 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: [ic] Verisign & Payment processing

Hi everyone,

I'm considering using a Verisign (Signio) service for payment processing. As
its the first time I get involved with that kind of stuff I dont know what
to watch for so I tought I'd ask here for advices and warnings from current
users of any service (...from any company).

So what should one search for? (if this scares you just ignore it and keep
reading please...)

I'd like to know which service of Verisign works with Interchange (Payflow
Pro, Payflow Link and Payflow Pro w/ Premium service)? On what should one
base its decision wheater he should get the whole kit, or not (or if either
is possible for that matter...)?

As for the SSL stuff...are there any documentation pointers you could share?
I'm mostly searching for what is involved in setting this up...The technical
side ought to be explained somewhere but perhaps one would share his
experience?

Any other advices are welcome...and hopefully it'll be of use for others as
well.

Thank you for your input!

--
 Jean-Pierre Parent