[ic] Anybody using 4.7?

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:35:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Dan B wrote:

DB>>My crystal ball says that 4.7 is good if you are looking at a 3 month
DB>>implementation.  But are you planning on using the stock foundation
DB>>template?  If so, the foundation template will be very different in 3
DB>>months than what it is right now.  So if you start customizing foundation
DB>>now, you might want to do so in a way that would allow you to easily "port"
DB>>your customizations to a potentially updated foundation template.  E.g., I
DB>>did it with a context diff of the entire catalog directory when I was
DB>>working in 4.5.x.

I'm not sure that this is at all critical.

As I understand it, a store is nothing more than a bunch of templates
and ICTags that have been put together in such a way as to create a
store that is of your liking.

Since it is nothing more than groups of ICTags and templates, they will
be supported in all future versions of IC (although this, that, or the
other tag may be dropped through obsolescence.)

>From what I am seeing, 'Construct Something' should work identically
under all future releases of IC, although it won't be included in
future versions.

I am building my store on modifications to 'Construct Something' in the
faith that the changes that I am making that are working just fine
under 4.6.4 will work just as well under 100.10.25

I see only 2 reasons for upgrading the server once my store is built
and working:

1. There is a new function or ICTag that will make an improvement to my
store when I implement it.

2. There is a security issue with my existing server.

-= Jim =-

All HTML Encoded email is auto-deleted. Learn Standards

Tagline for Saturday, April 21, 2001 at 17:20 PM:
Today is Monday, cleverly disguised as Tuesday.

This Linux System has been up 5 hours