[ic] Anybody using 4.7?

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 10:31:37 -0700

At 01:51 PM 4/21/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks for your helpful reply.
>
>I suppose what I really want to know is whether it will be stable enough
>for public use in, say, 3 months time?  I suppose only the RedHat guys
>will have any idea about that...

My crystal ball says that 4.7 is good if you are looking at a 3 month
implementation.  But are you planning on using the stock foundation
template?  If so, the foundation template will be very different in 3
months than what it is right now.  So if you start customizing foundation
now, you might want to do so in a way that would allow you to easily "port"
your customizations to a potentially updated foundation template.  E.g., I
did it with a context diff of the entire catalog directory when I was
working in 4.5.x.

>Also, is the store itself likely to be changed?  I don't want to start
>adapting the front-end if it is likely to be changed significantly.

Oops, I guess I answered that above.  Enjoy 4.7,

-Dan B.