[ic] OSXS Server with Interchange 4.6.5

Robert Brandtjen rob@prometheusmedia.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:52:31 -0500

Hello all,

I searched the archives and found nothing like this here goes:

I installed IC 4.6.5 from the tar ball - all went well, CPAN modules
installed just fine, it ended with telling me that all tests succeeded and
to cd to interchanges install (Local/User/interch/interchange) and install
the demo.

I installed interchange as user "interch" using tcsh, not bash (could that
be the problem?), I have several (10) virtual domains configured in
httpd.conf - I chose one of them and it's cgi-bin for the demo install -
this was not one of the two (out of 10) that makecat auto recognized.  when
building the demo, I got this error message:

(You can use the up/down arrows to toggle).
INET or UNIX mode? UNIX
Do you use CGIWRAP or SUEXEC? n
./configure: 5: Bad file descriptor
Couldn't run configure; probably no C compiler.
        Couldn't find the executable file 'vlink'.

        Please give the complete path to the link program.

Link program?

Now I do have GCC installed - all other ./configure's including IC's initial
configure see it - so I know it's installed properly.

I cannot find a "vlink" file and when I give the directory
"path/to/vhost/cgi-bin" it installs everything but the administration files
(it will install a construct.cgi in the cgi-bin, but nothing else) all of
the non cgi-bin files install in their proper location.

So, I have read and re-read all of the enclosed documentation -

I haven't a clue as to why it will not finish properly.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com