[ic] Credit Card numbers Stored Encrypted in SQL Database - No Answer Yet

Russ Mann tech@khouse.org
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:50:19 -0600

Thanks Ron, I appreciate your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Ron Phipps
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 2:39 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Credit Card numbers Stored Encrypted in SQL Database -
No Answer Yet

> So, correct me if I'm wrong, but because of the RH takeover, IC looses
> functionality?  There is ZERO risk involved with storing CC#'s on disk if
> they're ENCRYPTED, Which is precisely what I'm trying to do.  It worked
just
> fine in MV....

Russ,

I apologize if I misunderstood what you wanted to do.  I was under the
impression you wanted the information stored so that it may be decrypted in
the admin interface which is where the security hole lies (anytime you have
the private key on a machine that is publically accessible).  As for ZERO
risk we know that's never true :)  Take it easy.

-Ron