[ic] Credit Card numbers Stored Encrypted in SQL Database - No Answer Yet

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:10:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Russ Mann wrote:

RM>>So, correct me if I'm wrong, but because of the RH takeover, IC looses
RM>>functionality?  There is ZERO risk involved with storing CC#'s on disk if
RM>>they're ENCRYPTED, Which is precisely what I'm trying to do.  It worked just
RM>>fine in MV....

Any encryption scheme can be defeated or bypassed.
Any server with Internet access can be gotten into.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, April 25, 2001 at 18:05 PM:
Eleven tons of hair stolen. Police combing area.

This Linux System has been up 102 hours