[ic] uploading images through the UI

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
26 Apr 2001 12:30:56 -0400

someone posted the contorted steps required to actually create an item
and upload images.  I can't find that list of steps to successfully do
it.  Also, none of my steps (no matter how convoluted) seems to get
the job done.

What happens is that I enter in all the item information then click on
the upload for the image.  When I enter the image to upload and click
the upload button it returns me to the create item page.  However, all
my typed in stuff is missing.  In addition, the actual 'sku' field is
missing.  So, if I actually type in all the information it gets saved
with a bogus part number.

Has anyone actually addressed this?  It seems like the right thing to
do is fix the upload so that it works.  I can see the problem with why
the typed in stuff disappears.  The form isn't submitted when you go
to the upload page.  So, it's never processed.  What are other people
doing to get around this?
--
(__) Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net> http://www.lathi.net chat:lathinet@yahoo|aol
oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543