[ic] Making State non-mandatory / blank

Mark Johnson interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Aug 1 09:59:01 2001

"Donal H." wrote:

> How do I make the State field on the checkout page non-mandatory

remove 'state=somedirective' from your order profile (most likely
checkout_profile)

> - and blank
> if there are no states for the selected country. Currently if I change the
> country from one with states to one without any states, the State field
> remains as it was before.

This should be the default behavior for the checkout page in foundation
and construct. Verify that the loop search to generate the state list is
looking up against [default country US]. If US is not your default
country, then change it accordingly.

--
Mark Johnson
Senior Systems Architect - Professional Services