[ic] vlink problem?

Jud Harris interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Aug 1 10:36:01 2001

Hey folks,

I'm been testing a setup where I have multiple catalogs on a non-ssl server
that switch to a secure server for any basket, checkout, or process
operations.

http://store1.domain1.com/cgi-bin/store ->
https://secure.domain.com/cgi-bin/store1
http://store2.domain2.com/cgi-bin/store ->
https://secure.domain.com/cgi-bin/store2

To set them up, I run bin/makecat.  After that I go back in a change some
settings in catalog.cfg and variable.txt.

I copy the /cgi-bin/store binary generated into both the non-ssl and ssl
cgi-bin directories.

The non-ssl store cgi-bin binary works fine, but when I go to
https://secure.domain.com/cgi-bin/store1 (the cgi-bin binary copied from the
non-ssl location), I get a 404 Not Found error.

I've verified that it's not an apache config problem by placing a test.cgi
in the secure cgi-bin directory - so, the file not found is being caused by
the vlink binary.

How do I debug this?  Is there a way to see what url the vlink binary is
attempting to reach?

Thanks!
-Jud