[ic] Need Help, Just Starting..

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Aug 3 03:55:00 2001

Jim Balcom <jim@idk-enterprises.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Brice Burgess wrote:
>
> BB>>  Anyway.. I am a debian linux user, and am wondering
> BB>>if debian is a good choice to run interchange.. or
> BB>>should I switch to redhat for this?
>
> I don't see any reason to change if Debian is your preferred distro.
> I'm running Slackware. Just make sure that your Perl is up to date that
> you have a very powerful computer to run it on.

apt-get install interchange interchange-ui interchange-cat-foundation

will manage all of this besides installing SQL support.
No need to figure out what Perl modules to install as
as RPM user :-)

> BB>>  Also, what version of interchange should I install?
>
> The latest and greatest - always!
>
> BB>>Is the setup relatively easy .. I really need to have
> BB>>this site nailed by the end of August.. & I have 4
> BB>>other projects I'm working on now.
>
> IC has a very steep learning curve. It is a very complex, and a very
> powerful application.
>
> If your customer can deal with one of the demos right out of the box,
> then your install time will be considerably reduced.

The Debian package for 4.8.x will install on your demand the
demo catalog so it is up and running (hopefully !). A prerelease is
available on demand from me.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices