[ic] authorize.net, 4.7.7, construct

Pann McCuaig interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Aug 6 12:10:01 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 09:24, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Pann McCuaig (pann@ourmanpann.com):
> > 1) In order to see any errors that come back from secure.authorize.net,
> >    I added the following line in .../pages/ord/checkout.html:
> >
> >    [data session cybercash_error]
> >
> >    I put it right above this line:
> >
> >    [if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
> >
> >    checkout.html is otherwise unmodified from the construct demo version.
>
> This should be in the foundation demo already.

$ grep -i cyber /usr/local/interchange-beta/foundation/pages/ord/checkout.html
$

Not in the copy that ships with 4.7.7.

> > 2) To get the variables in ../lib/Vend/Payment/Authorizenet.pm and
> >    .../products/mv_metadata.asc lined up it's necessary to make the
> >    following changes to Authorizenet.pm:
> >
> >    replace
> > 	x_Address => $actual->{b_address},
> >    with
> > 	x_Address => $actual->{b_address1},
>
> That shouldn't be necessary -- b_address is supposed to be automatically
> composed of b_address1 (and b_address2 if present). I verified that
> this is the case when using AuthorizeNet.

You are correct. I believed a posting on this list and didn't test it.
Now I've tested it.  ;->

> > 6) Add these lines to catalog.cfg:
> >
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_MODE     authorizenet
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_ID       <your authorize.net user id>
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_REFERER  <your authorize.net referrer URL>
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_TEST     TRUE
> >    CreditCardAuto   No
>
> This is all in the POD documentation for the module. "CreditCardAuto No"
> is the default, and CreditCardAuto is deprecated. It doesn't need to
> be mentioned unless it was set somewhere else in the config file.

Correct again. I commented out the CreditCardAuto line, restarted ic,
and everything still works.

> Thanks very much for the feedback -- I really appreciate well-investigated
> criticism and help. The fixes are in CVS and will make it into 4.8.1.

And thank you for letting me know it was helpful. I really appreciate
the availability of this software and will try to help make it even
better in my own small way.

Cheers,
 Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\