[ic] Interchange-4.8.1 - Change = Errors?

Jason Osborne interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 11:42:00 2001

Ok, so I started to jump for joy when I saw 4.8.1 was out. One problem
though, this:

[root@meridian products]# su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r"
interch
Killing Interchange server 7231 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.1
Configuring catalog construct...construct config error: Please specify the
MailOrderTo directive in the configuration file ''

construct: error in configuration. Skipping.
construct: config error. Skipping.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 7323)

Ok, so check it right, from variable.txt:

ORDER_ROUTES    log main copy_user      Order
ORDERS_TO       rage@sohonetworks.cc    Order
PGSQL           Database

Hrm, looks right to me. Config error?

I've seen a couple different posts on this. First I tried adding the
following to the top of the catalog.cfg file:
Variable    ORDERS_TO	rage@sohonetworks.cc. This didn't work, I also read
from someone else that it needs to be added in the Admin section, well, that
would be nice if you could get to it. Since it encounters errors, the admin
section is offline and 404 errors are generated by Apache. The final thing I
saw was someone said it needs to exist in MySQL. Well, that would explain a
few things since Interchange didn't even have the chance to add values to
the database. Since that's the case, that theory wouldn't and couldn't be
true. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, on the install of the catalog, I ran into something that may cause
issues for some people who only let user "root" create databases in MySQL. I
noticed that when you specify additional commands for mysqladmin such as "-u
root -p", when it goes to actually create the database, it automatically
uses the username and password you specify for interchange to access its
database with. On some systems, this could cause problems. Just a side note.

Thanks,

Jason Osborne
Data and Telecom Network Solutions
3847 Timberglen Rd., STE 4013