[ic] 4.8.1 bin/makecat issues (foundation)

Wed Aug 22 15:11:01 2001

Quoting Pann McCuaig (pann@ourmanpann.com):
> A couple of things cropped up while I was gently customizing a catalog
> based on the foundation demo as shipped with IC 4.8.1 .
>
> Funny thing number 1:
> --------------------
> In the file .../interchange/tpe09/config/additional_fields, if I
> change:
>
> !CACHEDIR
> The base directory for sessions and temps
> 	/var/cache/interchange/__MVC_CATALOGNAME__
>
> to:
>
> !CACHEDIR
> The base directory for sessions and temps
> /var/cache/interchange/__MVC_CATALOGNAME__
>
> the session dir is created by bin/makecat, but user interch has no write
> permissions, and the catalog won't run.

Of course. That is why it is not distributed that way. 8-)

It is intended to allow you to pass a bin/makecat cachedir=/your/cache/dir
and relocate the place where you put session and tmp.

> Funny thing number 2:
> --------------------
> This is a typescript. Note that the following line is ignored further
> down the page, and the database creation attempt is made using the
> catalog database's specified user, who has no CREATE permissions (in my
> case):

Yes, this is a bug that can be fixed by changing the template
in precopy_commands to

	mysqladmin __MVC_MYSQLCREATEOPT__ create __MVC_SQLDB__

instead of

	mysqladmin -u __MVC_SQLUSER__ -p__MVC_SQLPASS__ create __MVC_SQLDB__

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous