[ic] [sort] across [more] pages

Thu Aug 23 20:36:01 2001

At 04:29 PM 08/23/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>One of the drawbacks to the sort tag in IC 4.6.1 was that it did not
>work correctly with the more tag.  Has this problem been fixed in the
>4.8 release?
>
>The larger issue at hand is that we have a customer who would like to
>have sort links at the top of their results page.  The links would be
>for sku, title, price, availability, etc.  I know that I could do this
>task if I were either able to use the sort tag or able to retrieve what
>was last used as search criteria and to modify the sort field.  Any
>ideas on this one?

The core of the issue is that the sorting has to be done on the entire list
of search results, before the paging with [more] is generated.  [sort] just
isn't used in that scope, and I think its days are numbered.

Take a look at VENDROOT/lib/UI/pages/admin/item.html for an example of how
to resubmit a search with different sort criteria, to get the entire list
in the desired order across multiple pages.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax