[ic] foundation demo

David Totten interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 23:03:01 2001

On 23 Aug 2001 14:45:14 -0400, Honest 2 Goodness wrote:
> I did a makecat on the foundation demo, and everything seemed to go
> okay. But when I restarted the interchange server I got the following:
>
> # interchange -r interch
> Killing Interchange server 14325 with TERM.
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> Interchange V4.8.1
> Configuring catalog foundation...Required Perl module Safe::Hole not
> present. Aborting catalog.
> In line 7 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> Require module Safe::Hole

You need to install the Safe::Hole Module. Either install the rpm/deb
binary of the module, or you could install it as root by doing the
following command:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Safe::Hole'

If you are not very sure of what you are doing, I would suggest using
the rpm/deb binary packages.

> My localhost/foundation url shows the HTML page but the enter links lead
> to an error page that says the catalog is invalid. Will interchange be
> any less frustrating when I finally get the example started?

Unfortunatly, probably not. Interchange has a very steep learning curve.
Make sure and have plenty of time set aside for building a store. It
could take a while.

Dave Totten

GnuPG uid: 0x887B864C
Key fingerprint: 749E E8A9 E905 7372 163B  2D19 E8D6 4BA9 887B 864C
For more information about GnuPG, visit http://www.gnupg.org