[ic] Sur tax based on Zip codes / Counties

Douglas Manning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 13:09:01 2001

I am new to Interchange and don't get as much time as I would like however
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to apply a surtax of varying
percentages with a cap on the dollar amount that is surtaxed.

In Florida we have a 6% State sales tax and many counties have varying
Surtaxes that have to be collected and reported based on the county that
the item ships too.  In the county that I am in the surtax is 1% on up to
$5,000.00.  Counties that have surtaxes have them varying from 0.5% to
1.75%.  I can separate counties by the Zip Code.

PS. Does anybody know of a way to have one item exist in multiple categories?

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug
Douglas Manning
Discount Computers, Inc