[ic] error tag

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 13:15:00 2001

Hello all,
	I'm trying to change the color of displayed error message on the checkout
page.  When I add MV_ERROR_STD_LABEL to variable.txt with the value

<FONT COLOR=GREEN>label_str<SMALL>(%s)</SMALL></FONT>

The required fields in the checkout page do not show up.  Like in this message:
http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2000/msg09376.html

I also tried

MV_ERROR_STD_LABEL = <FONT COLOR=RED>Credit Card
Information<SMALL>(%s)</SMALL></FONT>

As the docs say you can replace the label_str with std_label.  Same result,
the rest of the required fields do not show up.

It would be nice to be able to specify the color of the error message in
the error tag like this

[error std_label="Credit Card Information"
name=mv_credit_card_valid     std_label_color="__COLOR_VAR__"
err_color="#00616A"]

OR by having a var in variable.txt.

MV_STD_ERROR_COLOR = #00616A

MV_ERROR_STD_LABEL =
<FONT COLOR=__MV_ERROR_COLOR__>label_str<SMALL>(%s)</SMALL></FONT>

Since the above thread is fairly old, has this been addressed in the newer
versions?  Is there a way to do what I want to do, without implementing the
"workaround" specified?
Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.