[ic] calculating prices with variable quantity-pricings

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 14:10:01 2001

Hi,

I just look at the docu for "item-subtotal". Well, it tells me that it
calculates subtotal without taxes. An quick view to Data.pm makes
me ask myself if that tags honors quantity-pricing?

Is the quantitiy-pricing think with the q5, q100 fields a
foundation feature or a IC feature? My catalog is
foundation-based, but I replaced the quantity handling (since my
customers have non-constant quantity-prices, that means, some
products have a reduced price if you order more or equal than
1278 or so). I changed the pricing table and used an own usertag
for displaing the quantity-prices. BTW, if anyone is interested
in what I exactly did so far, just drop me a note!

Now of course the cart (..) totals are wrong. I read that it is
possible to override "system" tags - like subtotal and
item-subtotal. Basically I need a item-subtotal which does not do
a [item-price] * [item-quantity] but a
[my_price_tag [item-code] [item-quantity]]

If that would be possible, the subtotal tag should work, since it
seems to use the item-subtotal, is that correct? Can anyone give
my some point to start? I looked at Data::item_price but was not
able to understand it.

The Doc of "CommonAdjust" says:
	Settings for Interchange pricing. See Chained pricing.

But I haven't found "Chained pricing" everywhere else. Maybe
CommonAdjust is flexible enough for my price-model? The
Documentation of "CommonAdjust" is not telling me enough to
decide it. Maybe I should override item-price directly?

Where is the IC/Foundation price model described? It seems to
handle i.e. dealers different and such, and pointers happily
accepted!

Any ideas how to solve my task? Thank you for your time!

oki,

Steffen