[ic] Shipping problem causing me to almost close

Mon Dec 3 19:25:01 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 steve@moddepot.com wrote:

>>isn't that like 400$. I cant afford to blow that kind of money. my next best

Before I got IC, I spent a couple thousand dollars on software packages to
get one that does what I need. It just happened to be free.

It takes time, it takes work to write software.

I gladly spent $500 for Tech Support to support the free software and to get
the help I needed to make it go.

If you can't afford $400 for a piece of software that will generate
thousands of dollars for you, then either you can't afford to be in
business, or the business that you are in is not going to make money.

(I know all about starting businesses on a shoestring! My shoestring still
has a couple of knots left in it!)

If you only want inventory control, contact True North Software in Canada for
Retail Plus software. Fabulous Point Of Sale software with excellent
inventory data. It's free for the first 100 SKUs and then it only nags.

If you are only after inventory control, then drop IC and have the customers
send you orders via e-mail. IC's Inventory segment is horrible!

I strongly suspect that you are not ever going to be able to over come the
steep learning curve that IC requires.

And, all of this is my own personal opinion and I wear asbestos suits to
protect me from the flames.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, December 03, 2001 at 19:15 PM:
Microsoft gives you Windows... OS/2 gives you the whole house.

This Linux System has been up 196 hours