[ic] Re: Static Pages listing items by sku - rephrased

Patrick J. Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 17:10:01 2001

> But you can use the Static Page feature of IC to generate these pages
> automatically, though it has its drawbacks.

    Out of curiosity, wouldn't this improve server performance?  I
understand that when you change flypage.html or product prices or
descriptions, you have to regenerate the static pages, but otherwise, what
are the drawbacks?  My site generates all of the pages dynamically at the
moment, but I always figured that if we ran into performance problems, that
would be one of the first stop-gap measures.

..Patrick