[ic] Hotmail....BAD

Wed Dec 5 22:56:01 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Orko Sines wrote:

OS>>My company currently owns so many domains that I don't even want to research
OS>>and tell you a number.  I know it's over 100.  Anyways, we host corporate

OS>>already.  >500 per day is typical, with spurts up to 800.  We currently got
OS>>bombed with the SirCam and Nimda virus attacks, which made us revamp our
OS>>mail handling(grrr).

Since you have so many domain names, you should be familiar with Sendmail
and it's ability to stop such traffic.

Such attacks are useless on Linux/Unix based systems. I know that they are
out there, but they have not yet worked on Linux.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, December 05, 2001 at 22:55 PM:
Unqualified superlatives are the worst of all.

This Linux System has been up 248 hours